In this session, I’ll talk about the MSB Plan for R2 and Beyond. I’ll also discuss the OMSA(ONAP Microservice Architecture): the vision of ONAP Microservice Architecture to support Carrier-Grade requirements of ONAP Microservices, which includes Service Orchestration, Service Discovery, Inter-service Communication, Service Governance and Service Monitoring and External API Gateway.
ONAP Architecture Principle: ONAP modules should be designed as microservices: service-based with clear, concise function addressed by each service with loose coupling.
MSB Plan for R2 and Beyond:
- Stability and Reliability: Reliable communication with retries and circuit breaker
- Security: Secured communication with TLS
- Performance: Latency aware load balancing with warm cache
- Observability: Metrics measurement and distributed tracing without instrumentingapplication
- Manageability: Routing rule and rate limiting enforcement
- Testability: Fault injection to test resilienceof ONAP